How to file for divorce without an attorney?

My friend is wanting to file for divorce from her estranged (sp?) husband but doesn’t have the money for an attorney. There are no divisions of assests and no children involved, but we can’t find the information she needs to file for divorce on her own without the 1,000 attorney fee in Oklahoma. Does anyone know of a government based website with the forms or a way she can go about doing this?

Related Blogs

Tags: , , ,

4 Responses to “How to file for divorce without an attorney?”

  1. David S Says:

    She should visit the Clerk of Courts at her county courthouse. They can help guide her, and may have the forms she needs, or a link to them. She can also find what she needs at the web site

  2. laughter_every_day Says:

    Many courts, especially family courts, offer a self-help center or have fill-in-the-blank forms on their web site. Your assumption that there are no assets is almost certainly incorrect. In addition to obvious things like cars, tools, clothing and furniture, there are intangibles such as pension rights. Those things must be handled now or there could be a huge surprise in the future.

  3. Johnny Says:

    You can get the paperwork to file your own uncontested divorce at [ ]. In an uncontested divorce no lawyers are involved. You can handle your own paperwork and file it yourself.

  4. Blakshmipathy Says:

    first of all strikeout the word divorce……. after marriage . try to convince your friend …… after getting that , you may realize that the life now you are in, is not better……..than that of. you lived…..