How an Appeal can Help in Your Divorce Court Case

It’s imperative to know that the judge’s decision is not the final say when it comes to your divorce court case.  If you feel that you have been treated unfairly in the courtroom, or that the decision that was made in court by the judge was not based on fact, or that there is more evidence that was not considered in court, then you may have a strong case in having your final divorce decree appealed.

Appealing a court order is done through the Court of Appeals of that particular state.  The Appellant is the one that is filing for an appeal—and the Appellee is the opposing party.  You will typically file a Notice of Appeal before anything else, and then you will have to pay court costs for both the county your original trial was in as well as court costs for the appeals court.  You can, however, file a Pauper’s Affidavit to verify that you are not in the financial state to pay for these fees, and can perhaps have them waived by the courts at the judge’s discretion.

Once you have a docket number through the Court of Appeals, you will file a brief.  This is basically the paperwork stating why you feel you should have the judge’s decision in trial court appealed.  Then, the Appellee can file a response if they feel it is necessary to help defend their case.  From here, there are a number of judges that make a joint decision regarding the request for an appeal.

If you still feel as though you are not being treated fairly, even by the Court of Appeals in your state, you can always file an appeal through the U.S. Federal Court of Appeals if you desire.  No matter what, it’s important to understand that the judge’s final decision in your case is not always solid and firm.


About the Author:
For a wealth of free information on Father’s Rights winning information, check out Dennis Gac’s website at  Gac is often referred to as the world’s number one father’s rights consultant, and has helped thousands of fathers get their children through the court systems, despite everything society has against them.  Join Dennis Gac and the National Brotherhood of Father’s Rights!
Article Source

Related Blogs

Comments are closed.